Asking an experienced injury compensation solicitor to handle your personal injury claim is advisable for several reasons.
- A specialist personal injury solicitor has the experience to deal with the court proceedings and protocols required to bring a successful claim, together with a firm legal knowledge of the personal injury sector of law. Don’t underestimate how difficult it can be, even in a minor injury case, for someone with little or no legal knowledge to get a successful result.
- When valuing your injury claim, niche injury solicitors can assess the full extent of your injuries and losses by referring to the appropriate Judicial College guidelines, legal precedent and their personal knowledge bank built up from handling similar cases. All this, to ensure that you receive maximum compensation.
- If you handle your own case, you’ll have to deal with the other party’s insurance companies. Don’t think they’ll give you an easier time in negotiations to settle your claim than if you were a solicitor.
On the contrary, when negotiating a settlement, they will likely see it as an opportunity to settle your claim at less than full value, playing on your lack of legal knowledge. A solicitor who knows how to handle insurance companies will not settle your claim on anything other than a maximum compensation basis.
- During the time it takes a personal injury claim to go through court, there are plenty of instances where you will be required to comply with procedural orders of the court within a certain period. Your case could be struck out if you fail to meet those deadlines. A solicitor will make sure all deadlines are met.
- Although most personal injury claims don’t go to a court hearing, if yours were to, you’ll be glad you chose to hire a solicitor to act for you. Standing up in court to present your own case can be a very daunting experience. Having a solicitor deal with the court hearing on your behalf will remove a massive weight from your shoulders, and you’ll have a better chance of winning your case and getting the best result possible.